Outdoor patio at the Ajax Tavern at the base of the Silver Queen gondola
Aspen Mountain Apres Ski:
Apres Ski at the mountain base:
On warm sunny days the patio at the Ajax Tavern
(part of The Little Nell hotel complex) at the base of the mountain, will be hopping.
Other options include other bars in The Little Nell hotel at the base or walking to some bars deeper into town.
Other bars at The Little Nell hotel include the bar at the Element 47 restaurant, Chair 9 (opens after the lifts close and often has live bands) and The Oasis, a "pop-up" Veuve Clicquot champagne and caviar bar which relocates itself on the mountain every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in spring.
Check The Little Nell social media (Follow Twitter or Instagram: @TheLittleNell or @AspenNitelife look for #AspenOasis).
Dining And Where To Eat:
There are three on-mountain dining options: at the top of the Silver Queen Express gondola you will find the Sundeck, Bonnie's near the peak of Ruthie's lift and at the bottom you will find Ajax Tavern.
In addition to the on-mountain options, The Little Nell hotel at the base (behind Ajax Tavern) has "Element 47", an upscale restaurant for gourmet breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Sundeck Lodge at the peak of the Silver Queen Gondola. Spectacular view of Castle Peak and Hayden Peak.
Inside Sundeck Lodge
In-town dining options reside along Main street, Hopkins and Hyman Avenue, the main roads in town.
Aspen cuisine does not disappoint, although it is more expensive than most ski towns (which typically overcharge).
- Acquolina Restaurant: (Italian themed food) 970-925-8222
415 E Main St., Aspen Colorado 81611
- Chef's Club: 970-429-9581
Located in the St. Regis Aspen Resort
315 E. Dean St., Aspen Colorado 81611
- Element 47: (five star restaurant at The Little Nell hotel at the base of Aspen Mountain) 970-920-6330
675 E. Durant Ave, Aspen Colorado 81611
- bb's: 970-429-8284
525 E. Cooper Avenue, Aspen Colorado 81611
- Steakhouse No. 316: 970-920-1893
316 E. Hopkins Ave., Aspen Colorado 81611
- Zocalito Bistro: (Mexican themed) 970-920-1991
420 E Hyman Ave., Aspen, Colorado 81611
- Matsuhisa: (Japanese) 970-544-6628
303 E Main St., Aspen CO 81611
- Little Annie's Eating House: (BBQ) 970-920-1450
517 E. Hyman Ave., Aspen CO 81611
- Hickory House Ribs: (BBQ) 970-925-2313
730 W. Main St., Aspen CO 81611
- Creperie du Village: (Fondue, Foie Gras and other French delights) 970-925-1566
400 E. Hopkins Avenue (Corner of South Mill Street), Aspen CO 81611
- ... and many more to explore ...
Acquolina: one of the many fine dining options in Aspen
Aspen Mountain Bars and Night Life:
Nightlife ends early (usually before dark) on the mountain and is centered on apres ski activities.
The town of Aspen will open up your options.
In Aspen try Aspen Brewing Company, Belly Up (if there is a band you want to see) or The Red Onion.
- Aspen Brewing Company 970-920-BREW (2739)
304 E Hopkins Ave, Aspen CO 81611
- Belly Up live music (and concerts) with top name bands 970-544-9800
450 S Galena St, Aspen CO 81611
- The Red Onion live music and Karaoke (Th) 970-925-9955
420 E. Cooper Avenue, Aspen, Colorado, 81611
- Zane's Tavern sports bar 970-544-9263
(Note that there are two. The other is in Snowmass village)
308 S Hunter St Ste 2, Aspen CO 81611
Located in the hotel Jerome
- Eric's Bar 970-920-1488
315 East Hyman, Aspen CO 81611
- 39 Degrees at the Sky Hotel (near base of Aspen Mountain) 800-882-2582 or 970-925-6760
709 East Durant Ave, Aspen CO 81611
Note that Zax is a fictional Aspen nightclub from the erotic romance book "Fifty Shades of Freed" and movie "Fifty Shades of Grey". It's not real so don't expect it to be listed!
Aspen Taxi services: