Taos Apres Ski:
Apres Ski at the Base Area:
On warm sunny spring days you will find that the deck at St. Bernard is the place to be from noon to sundown.
The adult beverages flow freely as one soaks up the rays.
If one wishes to stay indoors, the corner of this building hosts the Rathskeller, a Bavarian themed interior with French food.
Inside the Rathskeller
Apres ski options include: St. Bernard's deck, Rathskeller, The Blonde Bear Tavern (in Edelweiss Lodge), The Stray Dog Cantina and The Martini Tree Bar (upstairs from Rhoda's Restaurant).
Dining And Where To Eat:
There are few options on the mountain and at the base area.
A half hour away in the town of Taos there are many more options.
Taos Ski Valley Mountain Base:
- Amizette Inn and Restaurant: (800)446-8267 or (575)776-2451
Breakfast and dinner
- The Bavarian: (575)776-8020
At the base of lift 4
- Blonde Bear Tavern: (575)776-6900 ext 6996
Also Cafe Naranja ext 6997 (breakfast: open mornings)
All in the Edelweiss Lodge.
- The Hondo Restaurant: (575)776-2277 ext 230
In the Snake Dance Condos
- Martini Tree Bar: (575_ 776-2291 ext 2285
- Pizza Shack: (575)776-8866
- St. Bernard: (575)776-2251
- Stray Dog Cantina: (575)776-2894
Mexican themed food for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Taos Mountain Restaurants and Cafeterias:
- Phoenix Grill (Taos Ski Valley at base of chair 4): (575)776-2291 ext 2281
- Rhoda's Restaurant (in main resort center): (575)776-2005
Lunch and dinner
- Tenderfoot Katie's Cafeteria (in main base lodge): (575)776-2291 ext 2280
Breakfast and lunch
- Whistlestop Cafe (mid-mountain base of lift 6): (575)776-2291 ext 2283
Taos Bars and Night Life:
Nightlife ends early on the mountain and is centered on apres ski activities.
In town, skiers are notably different than the local townies.
Sometimes you have to bring your own party and the town of Taos is such a place.
- Adobe Bar: at the Taos Inn (575)758-2233
125 Paseo Del Pueblo Norte, Taos New Mexico 87571
- Anaconda Bar: (575)758-3502
317 Kit Carson Road, Taos New Mexico 87571
- Sagebrush Cantina: (575)758-2254
(at the Sagebrush Inn)
1508 Paseo del Pueblo Sur, Taos New Mexico 87571
- Taos Mesa Brewing: (575)758-1900
Approximately 11 miles west of the Town of Taos off US Highway 64 near the historic Rio Grande Gorge Bridge.
20 ABC Mesa Rd El Prado, NM 87529 [map]
Taos Taxi services:
Next: Taos Ski Valley Location, Map and Directions